Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Midterm!

Black and white photos.


I chose to use three of my photos for the black and white portion because they all captured the rope around the bottle really well but from different views. My goal for this photo set was to highlight the rope in each photo. I also used the spot light in the room directed towards the rope so that when I went back in on photoshop to do the black and white it would be even more highlighted.

























Double Exposure
For the double exposure I used two photos that I thought had one similar curved line in common so that I could blend them right at the orange and white vase. The first photo was and up close of a bottle opening (black and white.) I flipped it upside down after editing it so that the curve of the bottle top matched with the vase so I could make it look like the first photo was coming out of the second block. I left the second photo in color but brightened it a little just to see if I could get away with the drastic difference. I think this photo is awesome because the photos are layered with the layer mask that even thought they are completely different style photos, they blend well.

Blur/Depth
I like this picture because it is simple but shows depth. I had a bit of trouble blurring because I liked the picture as a whole already, so I only slightly blurred the background to let the photo stay more natural.

Detailed close ups!


I again used 3 photos for the close up portion. I like all these photos, and while some are stronger than others, I think the three of them together really capture the whole still life! The first one shows really great detail of the texture of the chair. The second one shows the hairs coming off the rope and the third shows the shine on the curve of the bottle  really well.





No comments:

Post a Comment